The Governing Body meets a minimum of four times each year, twice in the Autumn term, and once in each of the Spring and Summer terms.
To manage the business of the Governing Body efficiently and to make the best use of the many skills and expertise of our governors, we work through five committees:
- Admissions - considers applications for admission to the school, in accordance with the school’s admission policy, and ensures that the policy meets statutory and diocesan requirements.
- School Improvement - with the Headteacher, sets the school’s statutory attainment targets for approval by the Governing Body; monitor’s pupil performance across the school; reviews and monitors the implementation of statutory policies.
- Finance - recommends the annual budget to the Governing Body and monitors expenditure against budget throughout the year.
- Premises - Advises the Governing Body on health and safety and the maintenance and development of the school premises.
- Pay and Personnel - the Governing Body employs all staff who work in the school and this committee needs to ensure that all of the responsibilities of employment are met.
In addition to the committees, the Governing Body has lead Governors who take a lead role in relation to children with Special Educational Needs, and Child Protection.
The Governors work on behalf of the whole school community to ensure that our children are safe, enjoy whilst they learn and develop their Catholic faith.
If you wish to contact any of the Governors, you can do so through the school office.