Welcome to Sacred Heart Parents’ Association.
We are a registered charity that raises much needed funds for Sacred Heart RC Primary School by holding fun events for all the family throughout the year.
As our school receives one of the lowest budgets of all the schools in Barnet, our fundraising is vital so that our children can thrive in a fantastic learning environment. Each year, the Parents’ Association raise over £20,000 in order to purchase resources and equipment for the benefit of our children. Over the years, we have contributed to a new climbing frame for the lower infant playground, bike/scooter racks, equipment and furniture for Foundation Stage classrooms, the maintenance of playground equipment in the upper playground and a revamp of the lower infant playground.
As parents or carers of children at the school, you are automatically part of our Parents’ Association but new members and fresh ideas are always welcome and needed on the Parents’ Association Committee to help organise and plan future events. The Committee meets at least once each term to review past events and plan new ones. Minutes of the most recent meetings are on display on the Parents’ Association Notice Board beside the main gate.
How can you get involved?
There are many ways you can help and support your child through the Parents’ Association and here are some examples:
- Offers of help before, after or at events are so valuable. It doesn’t matter if you can’t help on a regular basis, we welcome any support you can offer.
- You can attend the Annual General Meeting or other Committee meetings to give us ideas for fundraising events. Please see the weekly newsletter or check on our Facebook page “Sacred Heart Families, Whetstone” to find out the next meeting date.
- If you don’t have the time to help at events then your enthusiasm for what the Parents’ Association are doing is really beneficial so please try to support the events and participate if you can.
- If you have any contacts or skills we could use then this could be beneficial, please come along to a meeting or contact a member of the Parents’ Association to discuss ways this could be of use.
- Keep up to date with news and events:
- Join our facebook group page “Sacred Heart Families, Whetstone”
- Subscribe to the school’s weekly newsletter
- Check out the Parents’ Association termly newsletter and noticeboard (beside the gate to the upper playground)
SUGGESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We’d love to hear from any parents or guardians of Sacred Heart pupils. If you’d like to get more involved, if you have comments about something specific or general feedback about the Parents’ Association, please contact us either by leaving a note with the School office addressed to the Parents’ Association or by emailing us on email@example.com. We’ll do our best to reply to you as soon as we can. Thank you.